Considering investing in dental implants is the first step in the journey towards a beautiful, renewed smile. Making the decision to get dental implants requires time, patience, research, and careful consideration of all the pros and cons. In order to ensure that you have a successful procedure, choosing the right implant dentist as well as conducting proper research are crucial.
Our Coventry, RI dentists are determined to help patients understand the dental implant process and all it entails. In order to do so, they’ll answer the top five questions about dental implants in hopes of providing clarity and alleviating any concerns.
1. What Are Dental Implants? Dental implants are commonly used to restore missing teeth and oral function by surgically inserting one or several titanium posts in the jaw. These posts then serve as the foundation for the prosthetic crown, establishing security and stability for the entire implant.
2. How Do They Function? Dental implants function just as normal teeth do and are specifically designed to restore oral function. They’re natural looking, long lasting, improve ability to eat and speak, and don’t require any special maintenance.
3. Are They Permanent? Yes. Dental implants are permanent and don’t require replacement. Because they’re attached to the jaw and are not susceptible to decay, dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care.
4. Is The Procedure Painful? Just like with every surgical procedure, discomfort cannot be avoided. Although patients tend to feel no pain during the procedure itself, discomfort may occur whilst recovering. In order to help you cope with pain, our Coventry dentists may prescribe medication to help in the recovery process.
5. How Long Will The Process Last? The dental implant procedure can vary between six to eight months, or more, depending on the patient’s particular case. Other factors that can determine the timeline of the process includes the need for supplementary treatments before the procedure, recovery speed, and specific needs.
Visit Our Coventry, RI Dentists Today!
If you’re seriously considering investing in dental implants and have additional questions, contact us at Eric George DMD & Associates. Our Coventry dentists are here to help get you the personalized treatment you need and desire. Whether you need to replace one or several missing teeth, our dental team will work with you to help you reach your restorative goals. Contact us for a consultation today!